February 25, 2009

February Sunsets

The sky was rose and blue and golden-yellow, all at the same time, distinct colors in their individual stripes, when I opened the window and let the breeze flutter in. It was a little breezy, a little cold.

I didn’t mind the cold – I liked how it blew the strands of my brown hair around my face, brushed against my cheeks. The sunset was too pretty to miss, especially on a worry-free Friday. The weekend stretched ahead of me, short but promising, enough time to finish anything and everything for class, wander around town, find someone to talk to and spend my Sunday afternoon with. It was all there.

3 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

Where in the world ARE you? And, oh, I love Taylor Swift. Send me your email (incognito) if you can. I'll send you something in May.

:)

Cassandra said...

Love! :D

Maya Ganesan said...

Beth -- still at home :) This is a pic from summer in Alaska...

Cassandra -- thanks!