August 19, 2009

august 19, 2009


August 19th is my sister's birthday. This morning, in the airport, I counted down the minutes until her birth time, 7:15 a.m., a stream of constant updates that -- surprisingly -- started getting on her nerves. Over a matter of minutes, she shook it off. (That is, once I'd finished talking away about the number of minutes until 7:15.)

That's how my sister is. She can be so hysterically funny that I sometimes think she could pass off as a comedian. And other times...well, she can just be a tiny bit like an angry sistah. I guess that's what makes her my best friend (most of the time) -- the fact that we fight nearly every day and then start talking about what book we read recently and loved.

She's a lot of fun. Like any other sister, sometimes I'd really like to punch her hard, but most of the time she's one of the funniest and most entertaining people I know. She's interesting to talk to, has one of the most controversially unique and funky personalities, and can put on an astonishingly cute face when she needs to.

My sister has an endless list of talents and somehow always manages to outdo me in nearly everything. But that's okay. She's still brought a little something into my life -- a little sparkle of sweetness.

What she does best is being her funny yet disciplined self. She's the best Priya I've seen. I love her and I'm so glad she's my sister.

9 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

She's blessed by you, big sis!

pink dogwood said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. Good to read about sisterly love and daily fights. I witness them at home on a daily basis as well since I have two girls - 10 and 12 :)

Priya said...

Thank you!!! :)

Sherry said...

You threw a good party, Maya. I'm thinking Priya had a good day.

Erin said...

This is so so sweet =)

Vivian Mahoney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vivian Mahoney said...

Wonderful post! It's so nice to see sisters who truly honor and respect one another

January said...

What a beautiful and talented family! Happy birthday to you sister.

Beth Kephart said...

I loved being a part of this.