I'm summer-bound! In exactly 5 weeks I will be free to waste a perfectly good two and a half months. Sounds like fun, right?
As the weekend approaches, and I get down to work fixing up the failures and not-so-failures of April's poem-a-day challenge, here are some quick things:
1. My website was remodeled and has been up and running since April 26, and you're very welcome to stop on by and check it out. It looks really lovely now, with a news section, updated press section, updated/refurbished/improved bio, updated homepage, and updated events page. Long story short, the whole thing has been revamped. And I love it.
2. I'm going to be in the ReadWritePoem NaPoWriMo anthology! Yay! I believe the anthology is due out late May, and it's so great to be a part of the "final tribute" kind of thing for such a wonderful site.
3. Erin posted a video of a beautiful cover of "Paparazzi," and it's worth the listen.
4. This weekend, I'm keeping my eyes and ears open -- as I always do, but moreso now -- especially in accordance with Big Tent Poetry's weekly prompt. Of course, the prompt is for us to link our pieces tomorrow, but I think I'll use the prompt to propel me into next week. Try listening a little more intently and see what you find. It's really very neat.
5. SUNSHINE in Washington. Summer is coming!