March 21, 2009

Poetry Foundation website

I really like this website, for the Poetry Foundation. If you click on the cover in the upper right corner, you'll get to see this month's issue of Poetry magazine, and even though I don't subscribe to it, I read the excerpts online.

Just take a few minutes to stop by and read some of the poems up there. It's really worth your time.

I'm trying to read more poetry because I don't read that much right now -- I'm waiting for Mary Oliver's new one, Evidence, which comes out April 1. But I figured that I might as well read the excerpts of Poetry every month because they really do have some fab stuff in there. So I went over there today and found what might be one of my favorite issues ever. (I've yet to finish it.) I thought I'd share, because the words there are so meaningful and worth every second you spend on them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the one on the umbrella. I think it was called 'Here I am, Lord'

Maya Ganesan said...

Oooh, yes, that was my favorite.

Beth Kephart said...

I do love the Poetry Foundation. It elevates the art.

I hope you are feeling better, Maya!

Maya Ganesan said...

Did I ever mention that to you? That I had the flu? *racks brains* I don't remember, but maybe I did...

Anyway, isn't the Poetry Foundation fantastic? I'm glad we have it.

Holly said...

Ooh, Mary Oliver, she's good.

Maya Ganesan said...

Definitely. I do love her work.