January 18, 2009

Interview Time

Here are my responses to an interview meme passed on by the lovely Edge.

The Rules of the Interview

1. Leave me a comment saying you want to be interviewed.

2. I'll email you five questions, of my determination not yours!

3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. What is your favorite poem you've ever written?

This is difficult. I've got so many favorites! But I think I'll go with a poem called "Don't Know Linen," which, by the way, you'll find in Apologies to an Apple.

2. If you could pick a perfect day on which to write, what would it be (weather, location, etc?)

It'll be a slightly breezy day, a little cold...and evening, so the sun should be setting. And the sky will be a gorgeous orange-pink. I'd be outside on the deck, sitting at a round silver table with a book of poetry and my laptop on the table.

3. You get to meet one author (dead or alive) for lunch. Who is it? Where do you meet?

Tough one! Too many favorites. I'll say J.K. Rowling, because I love Harry Potter. We'd meet at the dock, and we would walk through the dreary woods till we came to the rainy city.

4. Skydiving or Bungee jumping?

Skydiving all the way. Super cool.

5. Currently, what are your five favorite songs?

“We’re Young and Beautiful,” Carrie Underwood
“You and Me,” Lifehouse
“Breakaway,” Kelly Clarkson
“New Strings,” Miranda Lambert
“Good is Good,” Sheryl Crow

6 comments:

Q said...

"You and Me"--ah! I love that song!

Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

Maya,

I can't think of what to post on my blog, so it would be great if you could interview me!

Katie

Beth Kephart said...

Well, someday I'm going to find that sunset-kissed dock and find out more about your poems.

anilee said...

"You and Me" is a lovely song. I <3 Lifehouse; I've seen them three times in concert. :-)

And "Breakaway" is sort of one of my theme songs; I don't care if it was like overplayed and is kind of cliche. I still think it's a pretty powerful song. And Kelly's voice is beautiful.

Maya Ganesan said...

Q & Madison -- yay for Lifehouse! And "You and Me"!

Beth -- I'm not even sure the dock in my head really exists. But it's definitely a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

I need to go preorder your book, actually :)