February 22, 2009

Figuring Out Where I Am

Today, the sun is bright, I'm writing and dancing to Taylor Swift's "Fifteen." Happy days...

The prose pages flipping by as fingers type out words and words. The pencils, the book with the blonde girl on the front.

The day has started out cold, sleepy, unhappy. The maps are lost -- we have nowhere to go but here. Trapped within walls, we trudge around the house, wandering, living our own separate paper lives.*

*The phrase "paper lives" is excerpted from Paper Towns, John Green.

11 comments:

Q said...

I <3 prose.

Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

How did you get that template? I want a template like that also!

Cassandra said...

Wow. How on earth have I not found this blog before? o.o

I just wanted to say thanks for dropping by and leaving the comment. I also love the little post for today. It's beautifully poetic. :D

Maya Ganesan said...

Cassandra - you're welcome! And thank you. (It feels weird to say both at the same time...) ;)

Anna Lefler said...

Hello, Maya.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad you liked the interview on Beth Kephart's blog - I really appreciate that and thanks for reading it.

BTW, your blog is awesome.

Take care...

:^) Anna

mixedblessings89 said...

Love the post.

hey... just as an aside, the layout, though lovely, is a little hard on the eyes...

Maya Ganesan said...

Anna -- it was lovely. I had such a good time reading it.

Thank you. :)

mixedblessings89 -- thanks! I've changed it back to my old template...I've heard from a couple people who say it's a little hard to read.

Holly said...

I am reading Paper Towns RIGHT NOW and loving it so...

Maya Ganesan said...

Paper Towns is my favorite book. :)

Beth Kephart said...

I've absolutely got to read Paper Towns.

But I do own Taylor Swift and love dancing around to her.

Hmmm. Let's see. I just searched your site for an email address. I wish I were smarter about such things.

Maya Ganesan said...

Beth -- I've dropped you a note at your blog. I hope this'll work out.