April 11, 2010

NaPoWriMo #11

Fruit

The colors would have
flickered against the light
differently: yellow or pink.

Life would keep spinning,
stitching, sewing.
Nothing else would have changed.
I wonder about
fruitless things,

things without fruit
and things without point
like the colors I ask for.
Still, the leaves would have
fallen, the air would have been
cold and crisp,

my snow-globe universe
would have stayed upright.

*****
On my deep, enriching discussion in the Apple store regarding whether I should have picked a yellow or pink iPod. (I went with the pink.)

4 comments:

geekspawn said...

Hey, these are hard decisions to make.

Erin said...

I like reading it knowing what inspired it. :)

emily said...

Wow. You're so incredible. Writing an amazing poem because of ipods:]

Jessie Carty said...

too funny on how you came up to the topic! love your use of the word fruitless :)