April 21, 2010

NaPoWriMo #21

Fortune

I wake up
and take a breath and
I am lucky,
not for the first
but for the
four-thousandth
time
in my life.
I am blessed.
I have been rained upon
with invisible angels:
I know
I'm going to
be safe.

*****
Today is a very special day in our lives here at home...it's my mom's birthday! She has always been there for me, no matter what, and she's supported me and had my back since day one. I owe her everything I have today, so please make sure you stop by in the comments and wish her a very, very happy birthday because she's an absolutely incredible person. I couldn't do half of what she does; I'd probably go insane. So, if you're reading this, Mommy, I love you! You are such a light in my life and I am truly, truly blessed to have you as my mother.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday, Maya's mama!

Julia said...

happy birthday to your mother. :) Have a good one.

Jessie Carty said...

mom's are awesome! happy birthday to yours :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice blog! Your poems are lovely. Are you REALLY as young as your profile reads?!?!? If so, you must be an old soul. =)

Mag said...

hahah such amazing words from a young mind!im only 14.ha:)

Erin said...

happy birthday to your mum!!