April 12, 2010

NaPoWriMo #12

Today's RWP prompt was really fun for me today, as I love "nonsense" phrases. I started off with "the weeds play with blue sunshine" and "the rain knows blueness too" and it just evolved into this.

Don't Forget Me

The weeds play with
blue sunshine,
not the sad kind of blue
but the color of
forget-me-nots.
Don't forget me.
The sky knows blue,
but it's like blue corn,
deeper and plagued
with hints of purple
against the falling sun.
Don't forget me,
don't let me dissolve.
I'm blue, real blue,
deep blue, not like blue
corn but not like forget-me-nots
either.
Just real blue.

If you can't figure what the poem is about yet, it's a lonely sunset in a (weedy) garden. I really like this one; I think it has real promise, and I only need to change a couple of word usages and re-phrase a few things.

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

really like hints of purple. i think even shorter lines might make this one even tighter :)

Maya Ganesan said...

@Jessie: Hmm, that's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll try that.