April 14, 2010

NaPoWriMo #14

Neon

Standing behind the
window of this midtown highrise.
Neon lights unspool on
the other side of the glass,
a blinking, glitter-accented
city of false hope. We're all
lost in this town, hiding
behind poker faces and nightlife.
We're all broken people with
broken lives pretending to make it big.
We're like the sliding raindrops
on the flip side of the window,
slipping in every direction but north,
lost in every way.
We're a glamorous neon town,
but we need compasses
to stitch ourselves out.

*****
Tried RWP's prompt - it's great, don't get me wrong - but it didn't work. I would have loved to spend more time with it, but I didn't have that time between an insane load of schoolwork and catching American Idol. :) I wrote this one really quickly, in about ten minutes, but it's not bad for that amount of time. Thank you for reading!

It would be really nice if, while leaving your comment, you could offer a little advice on how I should fix my comment-spammer problem without having to enable moderation...frankly, I don't want to have to put comment moderation back in place - I'm guessing it's annoying for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it alot. I find it to be true. You have a talent in writing since it only took you ten minutes. Comments: I use the one that says you have to be a member.

Priya said...

This is really nice.... I thought the prompt worked. :)

Jessie Carty said...

sadly i'd say switch to wordpress their spam filter is better! part of why i switched to wordpress from blogger :(